1. Getting back to the ground level with a Victory Garden – even with the “snow bomb” of Tuesday afternoon still blanketing the earth here in Cincinnati, I can proudly say that there are 60 jalapeno plants germinating in my living room, just waiting to be transplanted, tended, and made into salsa.
2. Staying in – while we’re called to preach the Gospel out in the world, there is something homely, in the best possible sense of the word, about a good Agatha Christie or Dorothy L. Sayers book and a glass of wine on a Friday night, not to mention roasted root vegetables over ziti.
3. Staying in at the homes of other people – bars are over-rated, home-cooked meals almost always taste better, and dishes aren’t so painful when everyone chips in.
4. DIY home detailing – why did I not think to wallpaper my breakfast room in a 1950s era book on France before this?
5. Considering the ramifications of my consumption – www.bookmooch.com
6. Making tithing a bigger priority – because there are people with bigger issues than mine.
7. Getting Snuggie.
8. Getting serious about ways of forming authentic Christian community.
9. Figuring out the city ordinances on keeping small, edible, animals…
10. Listening to more of my husband’s (live) music, and buying less of the (however nicely) recorded stuff.
What have you been doing differently lately? Do tell in the combox.